Welcome to the Kristu Jyoti College of Management & technology Library. It was established in the year 2002. Provide students with access to a vast repository of resources, including books and Journals. In any academic institution Library plays an important role in the dissemination of knowledge. In fact, the ambiance of the library reflects the quality of the education imparted by the College. The user community of the library includes post graduate students, U G Students, faculty members and administrative staff of the institution. To cater to the information needs of the users the library is having a collection of more than 10,000 books, Ejournals databases ( IEEE Asp ) , more than 60 periodicals, 150 bound volumes of journals, 330 CD-ROMs, students’ project reports, and previous year question papers from 2001. We have separate collection of books such as Career & Personality Development, Fiction etc. Library functions such as Acquisition, Circulation, and Cataloguing have been automated using integrated software called “LIBSOFT Ver.3.0” with Web OPAC.The documents are organized in shelves using Dewey Decimal Class Number (22nd & 23rd edition).
Monday to Friday – 8.45am to 5.00 pm
Saturdays – 9.00am to 4.00pm
1. Members/ users have to produce their I D cards and sign the register at the entrance before entering the library.
2. Members/ users have to keep their personal belongings out side the Library.
3. Users of library are not permitted to take personal copies of books or other printed materials inside the library.
4. Silence shall be strictly observed inside the library.
5. Books, journals, other documents, library equipments, etc., should be handled with care.
6. The library follows the open shelf system and the student has access to any section/shelf.
7. Users are advised not to replace the books on shelves. They may leave the books on tables after use.
8. Marking, underlining, writing or defacing the library books, will lead to fining and other punishments.
9. Book reservation.
10. Users will have to produce their smart ID card at the time of issue of books and other documents.
11. General reference books and journals will not be issued.
12. Before leaving the counter the borrowers shall examine the books taken by them and point out to the Librarian, any damage or mutilation or defect in the books they are taking. The borrowers will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation observed at the time of return .
13. Librarian reserves the right to recall at any time any book issued from the library.
14. Library and its premises should be kept absolutely clean and tidy.
15. Reservation facility is available in Library on all Mondays.
16. Carrying & use of mobile phones within the college library is banned. If we find any student violating these rules, will lose the library membership for certain period. Staff members are also requested to switch off their mobiles while using the Library.
17. All students must return the books borrowed from library and obtain no dues certificate from librarian before applying for T C.
1. Membership is automatically conferred to all the faculty members, research scholars or a student on his / her joining the College and remains valid for his full tenure.
2. All students are eligible to check out materials for home use, or for use in the library.
3. To borrow books from the library you have to activate your membership in the library circulation counter.
Lending of books
The members are entitled to borrow books from Library as per following schedule
|Category||No. of books||Duration||Days of operation|
|MCA/MCom||4||14 Days||All days|
|Faculty||13||90 Days||All days|
|Administrative staff||2||30 Days||All days|
You should take the book you wish to borrow to the Issue Desk. The book will be issued to you and the date it is due for return will be stamped on the date slip inside.
• Books in loan section are issued as per rules.
• An overdue notice is sent via e-mail when an item is not returned.
• Fines will accumulate each day including Holidays until the item is returned to the library
An overdue charge of Rs.5/- per day will be charged if the book is not returned. Consideration will be given for study leave vacations.
• Most library books, unless reserved for another patron, may be renewed for one additional loan periods.
• For renewal a user has to bring books to the Circulation Counter and renew the borrowed books in his/her library account.
• The library has the right to recall a book if the same is required by another user.
Borrowed got lost
If a user loses a borrowed library book, then he/she has to make an application immediately to the Librarian to get relief from paying the delay fine from the date of application and to take the following actions whichever is permissible as per library rules:
a. Replace the lost book by a new book as per the library regulation; or
b. Pay the double price of the lost book.
• Computerized transactions.
• User Orientation.
• IEEE – ASPP
• Book reservation.
• Back volumes of Periodicals and Previous year question papers (Soft copy).
E-Journals/ E Resources
KCMT Library has started providing access to e-resources (IEEE-ASPP) from January 2010. This service is available only at college premises. Library users have online access to more than 161 e-journals and back up files from 2005
Online subscription includes access to the full text of IEEE content published since 1988.
• IEEE journals, transactions, and magazines, including early access documents
• conference proceedings
• IEEE published standards
• IEEE Standards Dictionary Online
• Abstracts to more than 3 million documents
• 100% searchable full text documents
Kristu Jyoti College of management & technology
Kottayam PIN – 686 104. Kerala.
Phone : 9447120954 Email : email@example.com